What you may like to know
***OMICRON COVID-19 UPDATE***
In light of the emerging Omicron Covid-19 variant, I will continue to wear full PPE and adhere to the latest safeguarding guidelines as recommended by PHE and my governing body for clinical settings.
Here is what you may like to know prior to having an appointment:
- Patient forms – information I need to know before I see you.
- Consultation and treatment – let’s find out what the problem is and get you out of pain as soon as possible, it can really bring you down!
- You start to feel better. How are we going to stop this becoming a recurring theme?
- By looking at your weight and body health, we can also see where you are in relation to the healthy ranges. Would you like help and advice with your eating?
- Increase your general activity which will help with back and joint pain. Let’s look at ways to get you out and about a bit more. You learn more about Nordic Walking, which fits into most people’s lifestyle. Or let’s talk about alternative ways to get you moving.
Although the affected area may be very sensitive or painful, I will work carefully within your tolerance of pain. Osteopathy massage can be uncomfortable but putting you under too much pain is counter-productive as it will create even more muscle tension. I will use only as much pressure as is necessary to be effective. The minimal necessary force is also used with spinal joint adjustments. I will always stop if you’re feeling too uncomfortable.